August 5th, 2013
Whether it’s the home office or the attic, you probably have at least one room in your home that seems tight on space, even after choosing the right storage tools or different furniture. However, those filing cabinets, storage bins, shoeboxes and “junk” drawers stuffed with paper usually take up the most space and provide minimal organization help.
Facing this problem in my own home, my wife and I decided to digitize all of our household documents, important information, and memorable pieces of paper to eliminate the need for our old filing cabinets. Let me be the first to say, I was astounded by how much space we gained around the house from digitizing so much paper! Now, my wife and I use the extra space to store other household items—like cleaning supplies or our kids’ sports equipment—and if we need to find essential documents or compile information for tax time, it’s all archived and easy to find in Neat’s Digital Filing System.
If you’re reorganizing the cramped storage areas and rooms in your home, here are some tips on how to get rid of the clutter and space consumed by accumulating paper:
- If you have a home office with multiple filing cabinets and stacks of important paperwork you can’t bear to discard, digitally archive your essential documents to not only free up space, but provide you with a more effective, productive way to organize your work.
- Saving favorite recipes, family histories, your children’s artwork, or even old letters from friends and family with Neat provides a great way to keep those items with sentimental value without unnecessary clutter.
- Scan your financial statements, bills, invoices, and receipts so you don’t have to keep the originals stacked in file folders or shoeboxes.
- During the school year, scan the flyers and information your children bring home from school and activities instead of piling them on the kitchen table where they can easily be misplaced.
Without the hassle of trying to manage and store paper, you’ll be amazed by how much extra space you can gain in your home and how easy it is to find the information you need when you need it with Neat’s Digital Filing System.
Until Next Time…Keep it Neat!
Incoming search terms:
- neat organization
- does neat reciepts compiles and put them in order?
- neat organizing companies
July 26th, 2013
According to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), 2012 was the second most costly year for destruction caused by weather and climate disasters since 1980, with 11 events totaling more than $110 billion in damages. With recent forest fires raging across the west and the east coast’s hurricane season already underway, being prepared in case disaster strikes is vital. However, many homeowners don’t think of protecting the important information they’ll need if their homes require major repairs or rebuilding in the aftermath of a disaster.
After Superstorm Sandy last year, many of my friends and family here on the east coast dealt with property damages due to downed trees, flooding and strong winds. Having immediate access to documents like home insurance policies or insurance agent contact information was essential. By digitizing and backing up my important documents in Neat’s Digital Filing System, I feel secure knowing I can access this information in the event of an emergency. Here are my suggestions for documents to secure so you can be prepared in case the worst happens:
- Archive home and vehicle insurance policies, deeds, titles and insurance agent contact information. By having this information available, you can more easily share the information and file claims with your insurance company, home repair service, or FEMA.
- Protect medical records, prescriptions and health insurance information in the event you and your family members must evacuate your home during an emergency. You can forgo any worries associated with making sure prescriptions can be filled and important records can be accessed.
- Guard your tax information and financial documents to ensure critical information for your bank account or investments is never lost.
No one wants to think about the damages or losses that could come when a disaster strikes, but preparing your vital information ahead of time will provide peace of mind.
Until Next Time…Keep it Neat!
February 28th, 2013
If you’ve been reading our blog, you’re probably familiar with our popular Digital Filing System solutions NeatDesk, NeatReceipts, NeatCloud and NeatMobile. These solutions have made it possible for so many people to simplify and organize their lives so that they have more time to do what matters most to them. But do you really know everything that you can do with Neat?
We’ve been asking our customers for some of the unique ways they’ve been using Neat, and we were surprised with the wide array of responses we received. Below we included four customers whose use of Neat truly inspired us to keep providing solutions that simplify life.
- Karen scans sewing patterns into Neat so that they’re easy to find, back-up and share no matter where she’s located. Scanning and exporting patterns to PDF makes reprinting a snap and eliminates the need to buy new patterns.
- Paul tracks paper sales receipts from his craft gallery, which supports local artists. By scanning the receipts into Neat he can assign each to a specific vendor, track their sales volume and request more products from top local crafters.
- Barbara digitizes all of her recipe files to make finding recipes from her 2000+ collection quick and easy. She started by scanning all of her handwritten family favorites to preserve her Grandma’s handwriting and now clips her favorites directly from online.
- Andrea goes eco-friendly by scanning all of her important paper documents from invoices to magazine articles and then shreds them to use as compost in her garden.
Are you using Neat in a unique way? If so, we’d love to hear all about how you’ve been using Neat, just Tweet us @neatcompany using #NeatIsUnique in your response.
Until next time… Keep it Neat!
April 25th, 2011
Arbor Day is Approaching!
Comment and tell us how you’re helping the environment by going paperless, and you could be one of 5 lucky participants to receive a FREE copy of the Arbor Day Tree Identification Guide: What Tree is That? iPhone App, Pocket Field Guide or a one-year membership to the Arbor Day Foundation. So tell us how you’re helping the environment by going paperless!
Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you!
For more information on the Arbor Day Foundation partnership with the Neat Company: