Whether it’s the home office or the attic, you probably have at least one room in your home that seems tight on space, even after choosing the right storage tools or different furniture. However, those filing cabinets, storage bins, shoeboxes and “junk” drawers stuffed with paper usually take up the most space and provide minimal organization help.
Facing this problem in my own home, my wife and I decided to digitize all of our household documents, important information, and memorable pieces of paper to eliminate the need for our old filing cabinets. Let me be the first to say, I was astounded by how much space we gained around the house from digitizing so much paper! Now, my wife and I use the extra space to store other household items—like cleaning supplies or our kids’ sports equipment—and if we need to find essential documents or compile information for tax time, it’s all archived and easy to find in Neat’s Digital Filing System.
If you’re reorganizing the cramped storage areas and rooms in your home, here are some tips on how to get rid of the clutter and space consumed by accumulating paper:
- If you have a home office with multiple filing cabinets and stacks of important paperwork you can’t bear to discard, digitally archive your essential documents to not only free up space, but provide you with a more effective, productive way to organize your work.
- Saving favorite recipes, family histories, your children’s artwork, or even old letters from friends and family with Neat provides a great way to keep those items with sentimental value without unnecessary clutter.
- Scan your financial statements, bills, invoices, and receipts so you don’t have to keep the originals stacked in file folders or shoeboxes.
- During the school year, scan the flyers and information your children bring home from school and activities instead of piling them on the kitchen table where they can easily be misplaced.
Without the hassle of trying to manage and store paper, you’ll be amazed by how much extra space you can gain in your home and how easy it is to find the information you need when you need it with Neat’s Digital Filing System.
Until Next Time…Keep it Neat!
Incoming search terms:
- neat organization
- does neat reciepts compiles and put them in order?