This article will guide you through the process to export receipts directly into QuickBooks from Neat 5. This feature allows you to transfer pertinent data identified from your scanned receipts (such as receipt date, vendor name, sales tax, total amount, etc) directly into QuickBooks so you can perform accounting functions on the receipts soon after scanning them.
Export to QuickBooks
- In Neat, Select the folder or items to export and then click the EXPORT button at the top center within Neat 5.6 as shown below.
- Select QUICKBOOKS from the list of file types.
- Select BROWSE to select the company file into which you will export.
- Navigate to your QuickBooks Company File on your local computer. Select it and click Save.
- Category Mapping
- Map each category used by the data you’re export to a QuickBooks account by selecting an account from the drop-down list provided.
- Click Next.
- Payment Type Mapping
- Map each payment type used by the data you’re export to a QuickBooks account by selecting an account from the drop-down list provided.
- Click Preview to preview the export.
- Click EXPORT to initiate the exporting process to QuickBooks.
Neat Tip: Clicking “SAVE & EXPORT” will save QuickBooks as your default Export file type.