Neat 5 Upgrade Instructions
For users installing on a computer with no previous version of Neat software on it.
Step 1: Download & install Neat 5
Click on the link below and when prompted, choose "Save To Disk" in the dialog box that appears. An .exe file will be downloaded to your computer.
Step 2: Temporarily disable anti-virus or security software
To disable your anti-virus software, click on its desktop icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Click on the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions
You will be prompted to backup your current Neat database (this will be required in order to proceed with the upgrade). In the Save dialog box that opens, browse to the appropriate location on your hard drive and save the backup file with the default file extension. It is recommended that you save your backup file in your My Documents folder.
Step 4: Migrate your Neat database from another computer
The following instructions are only applicable if you have Neat data from another or previous computer that you wish to migrate to Neat 5. An Internet connection is required to create an account and activate Neat 5.
- If you do not already have a backup of your Neat database (from another or previous computer), create one by launching Neat and going to Tools > Database > Backup.
NOTE: Database backups must be created from the following versions in order for your data to upgrade to Neat 5: v2.1 – 2.8, v3.1.3, v4.6.2, v4.6.8 or v4.7.7 or higher.
- In the Save dialog box that opens, browse to the appropriate location on your hard drive and save the backup file with the default file extension. Save the file to a location you will be able to easily find it, such as in My Documents or on the Desktop.
- Transfer this Neat backup file from this computer to the computer you have installed Neat 5 on.
Step 5: Migrate Your Data to Neat 5
- Launch the Data Migration Utility by going to Start > Programs > Neat > Support Tools > NeatWorks Database Migration Utility.
- Browse and select the backup file you created and follow the on-screen instructions.
Questions or Problems?
Access support tools and resources by going to www.neat.com/support.