September 19th, 2013 by admin
Wireless scanner extends Neat’s leadership in the cloud-based Digital Filing Category
Philadelphia, PA – September 19, 2013 – Neat®, a leader in Digital Filing Systems for the small business and consumer markets, today announced the availability of NeatConnect®, the first wireless scanner to include direct-to-cloud capabilities and an integrated touchscreen interface. NeatConnect truly delivers on the promise of scan-to-cloud convenience and enhances the benefits offered by Neat’s cloud-based Digital Filing System.
NeatConnect allows users to scan documents directly to a cloud service or email them from the scanner all without being tethered to a computer or requiring an intermediate device or software application. Mirroring the sleek appearance of Neat’s award-winning family of scanners, NeatConnect includes:
- Intuitive touchscreen for speedy selection of personalized cloud and email destinations.
- Multiple user settings to accommodate the needs of small businesses and families.
- Integrated Wi-Fi antenna allowing users to situate NeatConnect in a place that best serves their workflow and lifestyle– a common area in the office or at home in a place where paper and mail tends to pile up.
NeatConnect further extends Neat’s cloud-based Digital Filing System by scanning documents, receipts, and business cards directly to NeatCloud®. Scanning directly to NeatCloud ensures documents go through optical character recognition (OCR) and Neat patented parsing technology enabling the many capabilities that make Neat the leader in the Digital Filing System category, such as:
- Sync – Synchronize information automatically across desktop and mobile devices.
- Access– View files on any internet connected device including a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Organize– Add, edit and move folders within your Digital Filing System making it simple to quickly locate and access your information.
- Edit– Revise data fields and add notes to receipts, business cards and documents.
- Search– Sort, filter and find the items and folders in your Digital Filing System based on date, keyword or item type.
- Share & Collaborate – Share any document or folder with anyone and comment back and forth on items for easy collaboration.
- Activate– Create professional expense, tax and spending reports directly within Neat; or export information to other services such as QuickBooks, Quicken or TurboTax.
“In today’s post-PC era, consumers and small businesses are relying on cloud-based services to get things done no matter where life may take them,” said Jim Foster, chief executive officer of Neat. “At Neat we understand the importance of cloud-based services and have driven our product strategy toward fulfilling consumers’ expanding desire for more robust cloud-based solutions. The launch of NeatCloud last year offered a cloud solution that not only stored information, but also made it easy to access, organize, activate and share so that users could more efficiently run a home or small office. Combining NeatCloud with the additional flexibility offered by NeatConnect quickly puts whatever information you may need, directly in the palm of your hand.”
In addition to scanning directly to NeatCloud, NeatConnect also scans directly to Neat’s cloud storage partners including SkyDrive, Evernote, Dropbox, Box and Google Drive. NeatConnect can also scan to SD cards and FTP sites.
Available in-stores and online this October, NeatConnect is a part of Neat’s comprehensive Digital Filing System, which consists of Neat’s industry-leading desktop software platform; the company’s popular scanning solutions NeatDesk® and NeatReceipts®; and its cloud service and mobile app, NeatCloud. NeatConnect includes a three month subscription for two users to NeatCloud for $499. The included NeatCloud subscription offers customers access to Neat’s iOS and Android app, the ability to access, share and sync the information in their Digital Filing System across all of their devices, locate information stored in other cloud services, add up to five users to an account, and utilize additional customer service features.
To experience NeatConnect first-hand, please view our short overview video that details the available features and functions.
About Digital Filing Systems
A Digital Filing System is a desktop, cloud and mobile system where important documents and information can be safely stored, organized, accessed and shared. The information can originate from analog (paper) or digital formats (PDF, JPEG, etc.) and be placed in the Digital Filing System by scanning, emailing, mobile device image capture or uploading.
Neat® is the leading manufacturer of Digital Filing Systems for the small business and home markets. Neat’s unique combination of cloud, mobile, desktop software and hardware scanning solutions transform important documents into usable digital information. Neat’s comprehensive Digital Filing System helps you organize, access and share both paper and digital documents simplifying everyday tasks so you have more time to do what matters. Neat’s solutions consist of NeatConnect®, NeatDesk®, NeatReceipts®, NeatCloud®, NeatMobile®, NeatVerify® and NeatScan®. Learn more at www.neat.com