Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned marketing leader to join a growing, pre-IPO, marketing led, cloud-based software company located in Philadelphia. As a key executive, the CMO’s role is to provide vision and leadership for all Marketing and Sales led initiatives within a B2C business model.
The CMO will drive the vision for key functional areas like marketing, retail sales, customer satisfaction and retention. The incumbent must be analytically driven, and exceptionally creative/innovative in driving profitable growth in our high-growth customer-facing technology organization. The CMO will also drive the company’s public relations and communications as well as customer outreach.
This high profile position is responsible for driving revenue and growth for the company and hence, the incumbent will need to understand Neat’s target market and enhance the Company’s brand by reinforcing the value proposition via all available marketing channels. Providing top- notch quality experiences for Neat customers is paramount.
The CMO role requires that this executive will/can set the road map and objectives for marketing/sales to achieve our aggressive business and financial growth and retention goals.
Highlights of the job
- Marketing and Retail Sales. The CMO will provide strategic direction for the Marketing and Retail Sales organizations, with specific focus on planning, developing sustainable/scalable marketing programs, budgeting and forecasting. Prior experience providing leadership in driving successful growth in a Direct Response environment and in Retail Sales will be a key requirement for this position.
- Tracking and Reporting. The CMO will provide the vision for developing effective methods to track and evaluate the performance of the organization’s marketing/sales functions. This includes data collection, real time interpretation of results, instituting best practices and processes, with a focus on deploying scalable systems to report on Neat’s advertising/sales success.
Accountability. The CMO will have accountability for marketing/sales budgets, revenue, growth targets as well as qualitative measures to evaluate success of marketing and retail programs.
Define the Competitive Marketplace. The CMO will be part of developing a corporate understanding of Neat’s business risks, competitive landscape, and industry-wide (or niche) opportunities.
Brand Stewardship. The CMO will be the Brand Steward ensuring Neat delivers on its brand promise and drive continued brand awareness via marketing and public relations campaigns.
Reputation Management. The CMO must have experience building a positive social image of a high-growth company, with strategic and public relations campaigns, targeted advertising, social networking / online community engagement.
Collaborate with the Executive Team. Neat is growing, and has aggressive objectives/goals to continue on this path. During this period of hyper-growth Neat needs very committed executives that thrive on a fast-paced, ever-changing, but highly collaborative work environment.
- 15+ years of marketing/sales experience with recent and significant experience in a marketing leadership position at a technology, consumer focused company, with at least 5+ years in a senior leadership role with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, sales and business development. Demonstrated track record of prior success with Direct Response Advertising, Retail, Social Media, Online marketing, Retention/Loyalty, Branding and PR.
- B2C experience in a growing organization (100M+), coupled with strong Direct Response TV and retail sales experience is a must.
- Must be someone who is really excited by a challenge. Need someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues. Experience working in a dynamic (i.e. “startup”) environment is strongly preferred.
- The CMO will have an understanding of a wide range of customer acquisition methods, including SEM, SEO, Retail, Email, Viral, Social, Print, Direct Response TV/Radio, Deals, and Promotions, inbound sales.
- The CMO will possess a strong track record of developing successful, innovative and cost effective marketing campaigns in an entrepreneurial and fast moving environment.
- Expert level experience using analytics to drive marketing efforts. Ideally the candidate will have gained this experience in a high volume transaction eCommerce or Internet subscription company.
- Strong GM skills and proven experience managing P&L’s \
- High energy individual with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude, entrepreneurial spirit combined with a disciplined, analytical approach based on facts and data.
- Must have someone who can build, motivate, inspire and lead a top grade marketing team. Someone who can ensure that the team has the best possible talent (A players) at each level. Structure comp & incentive plans. Coach and keep top talent and handle non-performers efficiently.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CMO" in the subject line.