About the Role
The Customer Success Specialist – Bookkeeping Solutions role at Neat will be responsible for leveraging and managing all customer success processes including customer communication, training, and execution of a “white glove’ business-level customer success program in support of Neat’s Bookkeeping software solutions. This position will report to the Vice President of Customer Operations and play a key role in improving customer trial adoption, account retention, and increasing Net Promoter (NPS) score.
Key duties include
- Support the execution of customer onboarding and/or conversion & retention activities.
Primary focus is to ensure a positive customer experience during the onboarding process
- Advises & Assists customers with the setup of their bookkeeping needs within the Neat software environment
- Accountable for working with internal and external stakeholders to support each account onboarding.
- Provides technical support where necessary to assist customers in the use of Neat software
- Contributes to the development, documentation, and implementation of a standardized onboarding approach from contract execution to post-implementation analysis.
- Facilitates new customer onboarding by collaborating cross-functionally with internal and external counterparts.
- Utilizes mechanisms (ie. survey) to capture and document customer requirements with a systematic, streamlined methodology.
- Ensures all necessary account documentation is received and validated in a timely manner.
- Communicates updates to the business pipeline (ie. Onboarding Dashboard) of account updates & feedback to all levels of the company.
- Manages, tracks, and escalates key milestones and deliverables to ensure customer expectations are being met.
- Resolves issues through coordination with various teams, including senior level executives.
- Ensures completion of all internal deliverables prior to account go live (via the Onboarding Dashboard utilized to streamline the overall process.)
- Conducts periodic post onboarding reviews via surveys; analyzes results and makes recommendations in accordance to findings.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement within the onboarding process.
- Participates in strategic initiatives that will continue to enhance and further streamline the onboarding process.
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related subject preferred or equivalent experience below
- Experience in a support, training, onboarding role with accounting, financial or bookkeeping software and/or direct bookkeeping experience with very small (<10 FTE) and small (<50 FTE) businesses
- 3-5 years of customer success experience (SaaS, technology environment)
- Experience in a role that included customer training (online or in person)
- Familiarity with customer service, call center, and CRM systems (Salesforce)
How We Work
We’re a Philadelphia-based distributed workforce. Our mission is to reduce small business accounting confusion by providing a refreshingly different software that lets business owners do their books on their terms in their own time. Our decision-making is shaped by discovering and solving market and user problems, not by the corner office or “smartest people in the room.” We value and prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Neaters to work together across positions and roles.
We are currently fully remote but working out of our Philadelphia office as necessary, and situations permit. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong and team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion At Neat
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry — it’s essential to creating the best products. We purposely build Neat to be a place where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes but is not limited to differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
To apply for this job, email us at email@example.com with the job title in the subject line or complete the form below.