Come Work With Us
Neat is a mixture of seasoned professionals and dynamic young leaders that together create a unique blend of experience and energy. Our employees combine humor with humility in a highly collaborative, open-office environment geared towards creative problem solving and rapid decision making.
At Neat, we always start with active listening as we partner with our customers. We seek to win together. Education is in our DNA – we want to learn and we want to share our learnings to drive mutual success.
Innovation is only possible when we thirst for knowledge. Curiosity drives all of us at Neat to challenge ourselves and our assumptions in order to create a better product and experience for our customers.
We create tools to empower our customers to do it themselves, whenever and wherever. We trust our teammates and our partners and provide what’s needed to make everyone work smarter. Empowerment starts with support and thrives with curiosity.
We identify root causes and generate ideas to go beyond just treating symptoms, even when ambiguity is present. We make decisions and hold ourselves accountable for delivering on our promises.
What Do We Offer?
Full Time | Philadelphia, PA / Remote | Exempt
Engineering at Neat involves cross-functional collaboration with multiple other groups. You should have experience with all phases of the software development life cycle from conception to deployment. You’ll be joining the team responsible for bringing business strategy to life in the form of new product features and enhancements across both web and mobile. Expect to work closely with a diverse team of other developers, testers, product managers, UX designers and researchers, and customer support representatives.
What You’ll Do
- Work with designers, product managers, and other developers to ideate software solutions
- Develop and manage well-functioning services, API’s and client applications
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Stay abreast of developments with web/mobile applications and programming languages
- Maintain quality through peer review and ensure responsiveness of applications.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js and Express.js (familiarity with Nest.js is a plus)
- Experience with React/Redux (familiarity with React Native, Electron, and Next.js).
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, and MySQL.
- Some experience with GraphQL data graphs (Apollo GraphQL is a plus).
- Understanding of key technologies such as decentralized and distributed data sources, Docker build systems, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Auto-scaling, Pub/Sub messaging, etc.
- Basic essentials such as git and GitHub, peer code reviews, continuous integration, debugging, automated unit testing, etc.
- Proactive mindset with a passion for making things better.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
How We Work
We’re a Philadelphia-based distributed workforce. Our mission is to reduce small business accounting confusion by providing a refreshingly different software that lets business owners do their books on their terms in their own time. Our decision-making is shaped by discovering and solving market and user problems, not by the corner office or “smartest people in the room.” We value and prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Neaters to work together across positions and roles.
We are currently fully remote but may resume working out of our Philadelphia office as necessary, and situations permit. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong and team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion At Neat
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry — it’s essential to creating the best products. We purposely build Neat to be a place where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes but is not limited to differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
To apply for this job, fill out the form below -OR- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.